1.05.2009

Beetle Juice's companion

That would be me... the companion.

Let me explain...

We have had problems (I feel like I have said this before?!?) with these little pesky things called ANTS!  

So... here I am battling it out with them the other day - first my dryer and washer... (by the way if you are thinking we need to hire someone... yes I agree.  Tell my cheap landlord that one too...  I think the hired help will be coming out of my pockets after this last weekend.)  Then they were off to my entry.  Which was followed by a few on my bathroom floor... then came the BIG one.  My guest bathroom.  

Think OCEAN of ants.   

Up until this point I was handling this outrageous-waste-of-time-of-cleaning-up-ants very well ~ or so I thought.  At least all the cursing was in my head so no little ears could hear.  That is up until I saw my indoor ocean of ants.  SH*%, probably could have been heard.  Actually, no I know it was heard.  Go ahead judge me

So I looked at it, and in ALL honesty... while wanting to scream, I just took the door and slowly closed it.  I had had it.  I then went outside got some ant bait, took it inside and stuck it in the bathroom and let the little suckers eat up... and just shut the door.  

I turned around, told Hudson not to use that bathroom and then walked off; trying to not think of the feast that was happening in my bathroom (Counting four days since the door has been shut...  Nope, haven't cleaned it... waiting for them all to get their fill and DIE a very slow death)

So... Sat. comes around - believe me keep reading... you will get a laugh - Spencer and I get a babysitter (warn her not to use that bathroom as well) and head out to eat dinner and go to a friend's home to play games/visit.

Before leaving (Because it is cold outside I try and match my outfit - somewhat- to my jacket) I pull out this old suede jacket I have... nice little thing.  Took it out of the front closet, put it on with a scarf and was off with my cute husband.  

Went to dinner, took jacket off and hung it on back of chair.  Put jacket on, sat in car went to friend's home.  Took Jacket off, put it on the back of kitchen chair.  Enjoyed the night.  Found an ant on me, killed it.  Sad, but it didn't really phase me... remember I live with them.  Saw another ant near my legs... didn't think.  Saw another on my sleeve... then another on my chair.  Started to wonder if they had ant problems too.  So I asked.

No was the reply

Wondered again... wheels started turning, slowly, slowly.  Then I shoot my jacket a glance, a really crusty look... I wonder I wonder... I went and inspected.   AHHHHHHH!  There were ants (multiple people MULTIPLE) coming out of my front pocket.  BY MY FACE POCKET.  There were TONS.  All over my pretty little brown suede jacket.  I really at this moment didn't make a fuss, tried to stay cool... but was gaging and wanting to have a major tantrum inside...

I was/am the girl, may I add who is really clean, who came to the party & infested a home with ants by wearing them to the party.  

Ants were coming off of me like I was beetle juice's companion.  NO JOKE.  We, meaning Shannon and Cameron (friends whom we will never be invited over again; put money on that one), quickly put my jacket in a bag and threw us out of their house.  No, but we were leaving so I threw the jacket in the back of the car (I really wanted to chuck it, but Spencer wouldn't let me) and drove home.  

Where is the jacket you ask, in a bag in my garage.  
Not touching it.  Promise.  Not for a good while.  I need some space away from the monsters.

So there... feel good about your clean house and the crappy ants that live with me. 

 I should charge them rent.  
  

10 comments:

Britt said...

Oh, Whit. This is horrible. Pesky little things, aren't they. We are ant free for now, at least for today. You never know when they will return. It seems like we have them for a week or two each month. Terrible. You need to sick Spencer on them!

Shannon and Cameron said...

Oh my gosh, that was hilarious(not the ant problem, but the retelling of the story). Here's the good news... I thought the whole thing was pretty funny, you are definitely invited back, I'll be mad if you don't come back, I LOVED your food you brought and I want you to cook for me again, and I think you are clean. See... things are good!! :) I really hope you call your landlord... this is really a landlord problem. And you need your bathroom back!!

Leisa Waldron said...

I HATE ants...I am all itchy and scratchy now. I am sorry you have to deal with the stupid ants!

Jana said...

That is SICK!!!!! I am throwing up. I would have seriously freaked out having ants come out of my jacket. Just think . . you rode all the way in the car with them and didn't even know it. EWWWWWWWW!!!!!

Lula. said...

You are hilarious. But what a freaking ordeal! Good luck with that one! ...glad I am not in your shoes!

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Oh Gross!!! I seriously feel for you. Ants infest my home every summer and every summer I fork out $100 very happily to have a professional come and get rid of them. I consider it the best spent $100 of the year. But it takes me about a month before I get over imagining them crawling on me or in my bed, in my bathtub, etc. Gross!

The Cherry Family said...

Wow, that is quite a story. Mike's house would get ants too. He had one crawl into his ear while we were staying with his parents. Kept wondering what that drumming sound was . . . Yuck!

Mark said...

We had problems too in our house in Sac. They came in through light sockets, door jams, etc... It totally does make you feel dirty! I GET IT! Mark was under the house practically every weekend spraying like crazy! Finally we got rid of them, but I swear they are worse at different times of the year. Our tenants haven't complained yet, so hopefully they're gone!! Anyways, sorry about your story! I bet you had a good rest that night!

jenny

andyandmeg@gmail.com said...

You are seriously the funniest person in the world, no joke!! I love reading your blog! That is so horrible with the ants, but man was it funny to read! I really hope that your ants get destroyed, they are tricky little suckers.

Mandy said...

Oh Whitney! I would have screamed! Sounds like you handled it well! I would be paranoid about ants in my clothes all the time- you are such a trooper for being rational!