Let's go tubing
In the next few weeks, yet T.B.D., Reagan is going to be accessorizing herself.
With some of these....

After her 5(ish) ear infection in 5 months...
(I hate earaches by the way... Spencer or H has never had one.
This beaut of a tragedy (ear holes) is from my side of the family.)
she is getting tubes.
It has been quite an ordeal with the pediatric doctors, you know how helpful they can be at times?! I finally went straight over their heads, since you know I had no idea that a PPO could do that until about Oct. last year (yikes on my part). And here we are, tube surgery ( in-n-out) to be announced. I am thrilled that the babe I adore will know have less of a chance of earaches... and I might even go out and buy myself some of those plugs... they could just be the new rage? You never know?!
If you want the drama of the visit read below...
if not... then exit now.
I had told Hudson where we were going... he insisted that after R went to YET another Dr. appointment, that we head straight to Nana's ocean and Grandma's house (it was more of a demand then a plead). I of course had to explain that was not even an option... and was met with a load of ranting and pouting... love those 3 year olds.
Walked into the office building, almost... seriously... got my head chopped off by the elevator. This thing gives you ummm 2 seconds no joke. We missed it once because, obviously we were too slow. So on the second try, because I would be darned to climb those set of stairs carrying two children, I yelled RUN when the doors opened. I ran smack into a woman didn't even have time to apologize, and frankly didn't care at this point... I am sure she understood my effort with this beast of an elevator.
Got inside to office. Nurse woman asks me if anyone has had a fever as of late. Ummm... should I lie or tell the truth?! That was really what I thought. Then I admitted R had a fever yesterday. She adorned us with adult sized masks and said we had to wear them. No problem... I will just arrange that HUGE mask on my one year old without one ounce of disagreement from her... not a problem. What? Hudson actually got conned into thinking it was a white spiderman mask?? He was thrilled... for about 5 min. Why?
H then notices that the front desk assistant is a "small person" (Is that even the politically right way of saying it? I get confused sometimes. If you are thinking 3 ft. 5 inches you are right.) Hudson is astounded and runs over to me, moves his mask down and asks in a really quiet, child, whisper if that was "OUR BABY DOCTOR?"
I shush him as discreetly as possible and told him that sometimes people are just small, and they are just like him and me... but just short. Like how there are tall people like his daddy. He looked perplexed, I would have been too, but kept his mouth shut. But not like his eyes weren't the size of silver dollars as he watched her file papers.
We get hurried, masks and all... makes others feel so comfortable to see you with a mask on Crazy Swine flu victims. (By the way R's was hanging around her next as well as H's. What, do you really think the front desk peeps really thought that my children were going to leave an 8" hot smelly mask on? Yep, not really.) We get into our room, and the "table/desk/seat" was a cute school bus. I thought "oh yea, something kid friendly". Hudson went NUTS. He would not keep a lid on it. Was so excited... but yet a force to be reckon with. I just watched in awe. He was talking a million miles a sec., interrupting me CONSISTENTLY, jumping from chair to table. I had R nude, well diaper on, crawling on the nasty germ-ified floor, not even caring. Trying to plead my case for Ear tubes. The Doc. looked in her ears, agreed that there is liquid, which is constant with her. Then took a look at Hudson and my crazy 1 year old and didn't even make me ask twice. Brought in the paper work, smiled and told me I had my hands full, that was after I made a comment on how he must think I am this crazy woman with my crazy kids. He just smiled and disagreed, but I know as well as you that he feared the rage in my eyes from the embarrassment that my children were. I thanked him. Signed my papers and challenged the elevator once more.
Later this evening I get a message that I left my check book there. I will be SURE to dress my children well, bribe them to be at their best while looking cute and acting like mannered beings; instead of the rage muffin, crazy obnoxious type we went for today. We will be normal tomorrow to get that little check book of mine.

4 comments:
Sounds so typical.... and my husband thinks I am silly for refusing to take both our kids any where with me. NO way the only errand Samantha is able to run with me is to target and that is only because I bribe her with fresh popcorn that has WAY too much butter on it.
As for the tubes, I think you need to do what you think is right but I can tell you that from age 2-3 Samantha had numerous ear infections with 103 temp and screaming and what not. My Pedi explained to be that they only treat these symptomaticly these days so that kids don't build up a tolerance to antibiotics. We road out the wave and I got really good at fortelling her ear infections..today we are ear ache free. I hope R does well with the tubes. I don't think I would have been as willing to ride out the storm of ear pain with two kids to care for.
oh my. this was quite entertaining to read.
Oh my goodness. What an ordeal! My bro's had tubes in their ears and it helped a lot...just lots of being careful around water and in the pool. You are a trooper Whit! And so good at telling stories.
i believe the pc term is "little person."
just fyi.
Post a Comment