2.25.2008

Pine Wood Durby anyone?


Let us just start out with the important information. Yes my Husband loves to create things out of wood, yes he is really good at it, and yes he WON best design at the Pine Wood Durby. Hello, why wouldn't he? :) We named this little love "Capone", fitting isn't it?

WAY TO GO SPENNY B!

So Sat. night we headed over for the big race, and Spencer was gearing up for hopefully best design but was far from thinking that he had a "fast" car... he was just going for looks. So here is the race: (I will post when I can figure out how this thing works - it won't let me download the video)... By the way in the video he wins his "heat"


He was so out of his mind excited to think he won! Well, he won that heat. He actually came in 2nd all around. Which was WAY more then expected by him. Oodles of joy were seeping out of his face. Such thrills. It was a fun filled evening... and Hudson may not have been as excited about the racing as his Dad, but still - he didn't want to go home. So many kids, cars and balls. What more would a 2 yr. old want? I will say how proud I am of Hudson and the restraint he held while all those pretty little cars just sat there on the table calling his name. He was itching to get at them and it was all I could do to say "No" when he would look at me with those little puppy love eyes and yearn for them. But - alas, the balls came out and the cars (and myself) were saved from Hudson.
The most good lookin' of them all - Capone

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I hate I missed it!

Sandy said...

OOOHHH I love all the posts! And I must say I agree that Hudson is a very beautiful kid (with or without makeup). I can't wait to see baby girl Brinton...if she's half as cute as Hudson then Spencer is for sure going to have a stressful ten years when that little lady is growing up!!

Leisa Waldron said...

Awesome! We didn't even know about it because Josh is in nursey. Lucky man. Tell Spencer we are proud and we want to see that first place ribbon next time we come over!

The Max Family said...

In some ways this is why I wish I had a boy no pine wood derby for us, but thats okay I love dress up and hair bows!!!

He is so very cute,do you have a name for baby "pink"???

Jessica moved into the sorenson old house and is in your parents ward now.

talk to you soon,Kelly Sims-Max